Best 3 Day Weekend EVER!!

It seems that my weekends start Friday morning these days and I'm ok with that :-)

First thing I should mention is that after I wrote my last blog I received an email informing me that I am being inducted into the Australasian Martial Arts Hall of Fame in August.
Such a huge honour and to be honest my mind is still spinning from the news.
There are 10 of us being inducted and one of the other inductee's is Richard Norton .
To be inducted alongside someone of his calibre and years in the industry is just amazing to me. I'm one happy woman right now!

The Awards weekend runs from Friday night where a "meet and greet" is held for the inductees, their family and friends and we find out how the following night will run.
Saturday the inductees run workshops all day and I'll be teaching Olympic TKD kicking skills and drills.
Saturday night we have the gala dinner and awards ceremony and Sunday it looks as though we have more training sessions. It's going to be very cool!

My girl turned 16 on Friday so I started the day with an extra early gym sesh so I could come back and spend time with her before I headed off for the day. I woke her up with breakfast in bed and we spent an hour hanging out before I met up with Wendy to head into the FILEX convention in Melbourne.

Friday was industry day so the crowds were manageable and we had a really great day.

I stocked up on supplements and picked up a few workout gear bargains. I have to say I didn't enjoy FitX much this year but FILEX was awesome and I hope they run it in Melbourne again next year!

The stall holders were very generous with their samples and their time, just a great event all round.

I got back home in time to say good-bye to Chloe as she headed off to a friends place to celebrate her birthday. She didn't know it but a bunch of her friends along with Cody and Rachel (Cody's girlfriend) had organised a Limo to take them all to Luna Park. Cody got her reaction on video and it was priceless. They had a great time;  I love that my kids are so tight and that Cody wouldn't be anywhere else but with Chloe on her Birthday.

MY FLIGHT

All week I had been hanging out to go and do my Aerobatic flight and when Saturday finally came and the sun was out I couldn't wait to get in the air.

The flying bug has hit me again BIGTIME!

We got the the airfield at Barwon Heads and I could see this pretty girl sitting on the grass!! Isn't she a beauty??

The pilot was awesome and I seriously want his job! Flying aerobics over the ocean everyday would have to be the coolest job in the world (next to mine).

I had done plenty of aerobatics before but never in a warbird and as the pilot went through the manoeuvres we were going to do I started to get pretty excited.

It was everything I hoped and more but it went way too fast.

After a few minutes the pilot looked back and said "you did that easy" and I'm sitting there with the biggest grin on my face. He threw in some extra looks and rolls for me because he could see how much I loved it and I had zero fear.

Needless to say I've been on the web everyday since looking at where I can learn to do my aerobatic endorsement!!!

First things first though I need to find my damn logbook and get current again...I'm keen though, it has to be done!!

After our flight we went and had lunch in Barwon Heads, it was a stunning day, definitely want to go back.

We got back from Barwon Heads after 6pm then pretty much got ready and headed out for dinner to celebrate Chloe's birthday with my family. Wendy and her hubby and daughter came along and it was a nice night but Dave and I were pretty stuffed, we had been up early, the drive to and from BH was around 5hrs so we were ready for bed when we got home.

Sunday morning we were up with the sparrows as usual and headed to Akoona Market as we do every Sunday morning to pick up fresh fruit and veggies and if I'm lucky some fresh flowers (lucky this week).

After that we hit the supermarket and did our weekly shop and after packing that away I grabbed a blanket and a book and hit the couch.

About 10 pages in I feel asleep and woke up 2.5hrs later with Dave grinning at me for having a nanna nap :-)
Best nap ever!

TRAINING

The 12wbt changes up a bit today and I'm looking forward to stepping things up a bit, my body adapts to training so fast and I constantly need to increase the intensity to remain challenged so the addition of some more plyo circuits and cardio will be good.

I'm also looking forward to wearing my my gym gear to the gym this morning :-)

Below is the Holiday Training Challenge I set my students for the week, give it a crack if you're looking for something different this week.



 



Comments